Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Virtual Server 2005 R2 / Network issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckugo

IS-IT--Management
Jan 6, 2004
US
OK, I am kind of new to the VM world, so forgive me if this is a simple issue. The host OS is Vista SP1 and the guest OS is Windows Server 2008. I have selected my network adapter for the VM in the config page, I have a network adapter show up in my guest OS, and I can ping the host machine, but that is all I get. I cannot get any other network activity from the guest OS. No internet and I cannot get to any other device on my network. My ip scheme for my host machine is 192.168.11.0. What should the ip settings be on the guest OS be for it to function properly?
Thanks,
Chris

Nevermind, I fixed my own problem. We have a Cisco 2950 managed switch and the port settings for my laptop was set to Desktop, which only allows 1 IP/MAC. I changed that port setting to none, I then had to re-create my virtual network in the Virutal Server 2005 Admin page and bind it to my physical NIC, reboot the VM and it was working.

Hope that solution helps someone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back