Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Virtual PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

willdwilly

Technical User
Mar 18, 2003
CA
Has anyone used the software Microsoft Virtual PC 2004?? If you have what is your take on it?.Kelly

linney : Thats where I found it. I read all those links had, and would like some more input.I have been on the Langa list from it's beginnings. Kelly

Then you are aware of the free trial of it for 45 days, I'd give it it a go and see if you like it.

After I install MSVM 2004, and then install W98 (e.g.), do I then have to install Word and IE and AOL (old version, I guess) if I need to use them under 98?

Yes, the are "virtually" completely independent installations.

has anyone had any luck using this with servers? I have a friend who says it works, but I cant find the official answer from MS. It would be awesome of you could run independent servers like W2K3 on a single machine!

I have used it with nt4, 2000server and 2003 server with only minor driver issues.

The run slow, but it works

Thanks,
John

VMWARE is a far better product
I have had many problems with vert.pc
imitations on machinevert. hardware configurations and app crashing

I moved to vmware and never looked back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back