Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Virtual Office at your own site

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastcoast10

Technical User
Apr 11, 2011
CA
We have an Option 61C that now with the addition of redundant signaling servers is officially a CS1000M. The vendor put the servers in and the patches and I have been left to figure out how to deploy the sets. We are not running telephones off-site, even with the addition of IP Telephony we are still a single standalone system and everyone is in a common zone [00010]

We have four installed sets. I notice that on one of the softkeys a VRTUAL labelled show up, something we don't see on our TDM phones. It's presence let me into an investigation of the virtual office feature.

This let me to wading through a number of different NTPs that didn't offer a lot of insights on the feature. By reviewing some previous entries related to Virtual Office available from this website I was able to conclude the following:

1) start by setting the SCPL field in load 15. Doing so enables the SCPW entry needed for virtual office.
2) with SCPL in load 15 subsection FFC_Data changed from 0 to 8 I was able to see the SCPW line items in the TN Configuration. I was able to go into Load 11 change the TN to add item SCPW.
3) Previous to this change I also ensured that the following CLS entries were in place on the test sets: cls: VOLA and VOUA
4) I noticed in element manager, when looking at the phone configurations the NUID feature described as Network User ID was listed. I added an entry in that field and found both the NUID and NHTN fields in the TN configuration populated.

At this point on my test sets I have the SCPW set, the NUID set, the VOUD and VOLA fields in place. I assumed I therefore would be able to activate virtual office.

I am finding when I hit the vrtual label on a set and enter the user ID, and password information required of the system I am getting a "ID Unknown at Remote CS" error showing up and the feature does not implement.

I find this error response confusing because we are a standalone system. I don't understand the reference to the remote office. The only thing I can think of is a comment that the technician made when he installed the equipment. He indicated that we don't have NRS running because we are a standalone system.

The NTPs indicate the following: "Network Wide Virtual Office is limited to a single Network Routing Server (NRS) zone. As long as Virtual Offices share the same NRS, a Virtual Office logon can redirect an IP Phone to any of the systems." I am not sure if this applies. Although we don't have NRS active all the sets are in a common zone.

Any insights on how to set up virtual office on a standalone system would be appreciated.

thanks

Hi,

You don't need the NUID and NRS or any of that. Just setup the SCPW and VOLA VOUA and you are good to go. NUID and NRS is for networking stuff.

Marc D.

If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed... Oh wait, he does...

Virtual key on the phone is used on IP sets for Virtual office on phones. It works a litte different on digail sets you make a host phone and a virtual phone. on IP phones you need to build another IP set. These features I have used where 2 people share an office on different days and each has thier own number. This way on the days they are in the office they basicly log into the phone and have thier number and features. I also have one user that goes to diffent offices with IP sets and this allows him to go to any phone and have his number and feature there. I hope this is the answer you where looking for.

Thanks... I have it now.

The problem was with the user ID. Based on your observations above I did a general search on the User ID for virtual office and was pointed to a user Guide for the i2004 phone. That document specifically stated that the user ID is in fact the users DN.

So to clarify all this. On a single standalone platform that I am using, with all users in one zone

1) go to ld 15 and change scpl from 0. I changed it to eight.
2) add VOUA and VOLA to the TN class of service
3) the change of 1) also allows SCPW to be displayed and entered in LD 11 and the TN extension configuration.
4) to use the feature
a) select the vrtual label that should appear on your set
b) enter the user ID. The extension number of the person taking over your set.
c) enter the SCPW password programmed against that users set.

you are in and you will see the new DNs appear on the "hostage" set.

5) go back to normal by selecting the vrtual key on the hostage set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back