Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Virtual machine for XP? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PcAbuser

Technical User
Dec 28, 2003
US
Hi all,

I was wondering if someone could point me to a location where i can find Microsoft's Virtual Machine that will run on XP.
I can not stand Sun's Java, as it is slower than He**, and doesn't seem to load as easily as VM does on my much slower W2K machine. The XP machine is 4 times what my W2K machine is too.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

Marlon

My personal credo:
Do well unto others, else you will, or at least should, not respect what you see in the mirror at the end of the day!

Thank you so much!

Sun's version is so much slower in the ways i use it.

Best Regards,

Marlon

My personal credo:
Do well unto others, else you will, or at least should, not respect what you see in the mirror at the end of the day!

The only problem I see with Microsoft VM is that they won't be updating it. Basically they pulled it because of the fight with Sun, so you won't get any improvements like you might with the Sun version. I too think that the Sun version is a slow load but, I have had to use it because of compatibility problems with the Microsoft version.

John D. Saucier
jsauce@magicguild.com
Certified Technician
Network Administrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back