Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Virtual Hold Music issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeTheSpike

Technical User
Jan 5, 2015
ZA
Hey again,

Apologies if this question has been asked before, I don't have the capabilities of sifting through all here right now.

I have the IP Office using tftp to get the HoldMusic.wav file from my desktop.

ipoffice_2_t1gryk.jpg

According to tftp the file is done, but according to IP Office it is not.

ipoffice_1_nsks2u.jpg

ipoffice_3_apwzze.jpg

Is this a read write permissions problem I am facing? How do I get MOH working as it should?

HoldMusic.wav file is 15 seconds long and 123KB in size. It's working on my production real server, just cannot get it working in VM's.

Any help gets thumbs up...

[peace]

Assuming you have a V2 control unit, just upload the MOH file to the Primary folder of the SD card

I imagine it's not in the right format, just being .wav isn't enough, it needs to be PCM 8khz 16 bit mono, also call it holdmusic.wav (without the capitalisation) :)

@TouchToneTommy, its a VM, not a physical 500 V2. 9.1.4 Server Edition actually

@amriddle01 - The file is PCM 8Khz 16 bit mono and is being pulled from the same tftp server to a different production IP Office box 192.168.20.5 shown below (IPOffice 9.1.1), and it is working fine, shows as loading the file and then as loaded in the IP Office System Status.

ipoffice_4_thwvvk.jpg

ipoffice_5_somfa8.jpg

I also renamed the file to lowercase holdmusic.wav but that doesn't seem to make a difference.

The new VM I created is IPOffice 9.1.4.137

Then I found this about the different versions doing things slightly differently...

So I guess, I am not doing it wrong, since 9.1.1 works ok and 9.1.4 doesn't.

Is there a fix for this?

[peace]

Why do you load it from TFTP and not from local disk? Just put the file into system\primary server with integrated file management and set hold music source to local disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back