Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Virtual directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

ansonng

MIS
Feb 16, 2003
AU
Hi All,

I have asked this before but I still get no answer so I am asking again. If I have a folder in my c:\ drive, say c:\admin, how do I configure my tomcat to point to this folder if my website is store in d:\www? Is there anyway I can create a virtual directory in tomcat and how do I do that?

What I am trying to do is my website is hosted at and this is pointing to d:\www. I have an url, which I want to redirect this to c:\admin, how do I accomplish this?

I've read the documnentation and I admit I am not smart enough still on how to solve this, so I would really appreciate someone out there can give me more help rather than a url to another tomcat documentation :p .

Thank you again

Thanks Freeeman, I read the url u gave and it seems to be what I am looking for. Just one silly question, where do I add this alias in? Is it in my conf file?

There are probly some alias entries already, do a text search for 'alias'. It may be within the directive <IfMod ?????alias????>. And yes it should be in your conf file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back