Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

virtual appearance on J179 SIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

met1016

Systems Engineer
Jun 13, 2024
US
Hi folks, new here. I'm trying to add a virtual number to a J179 SIP phone, it shows up as an appearance, but does nothing. The line will not ring in , nor can you call out on it, but if I make the number a physical station it works just fine. Are you not able to add a virtual number , or am I simply doing something wrong? CM 8.1

Thanks

Correct: Bridged-Appearances must be a "real" station. The secondary station does not have to be SIP, but it cannot be virtual.

The Bridged-Appearance will be a completely separate button on your primary phone and will work just like a second phone with separate caller ID, etc.

You cannot make a bridged appearance of a virtual station type as there are no call-appr to bridge. It must be some other type other than "virtual".

-CL

If you don`t want to use a station license, you could have a virtual station have a coverage path that rings another station or a coverage answer group for a few rings before it goes to voicemail.

But if you want an extension that can take 4 calls and you want those 4 lines to show up on several other phones on 4 different buttons, you need to have a real station and not a virtual station.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back