Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VIOS configuration capture 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

neuralnode

Technical User
Sep 12, 2007
PL
Hi All,

I'm looking for a simple/fast way to display or dump an entire VIOS configuration.

The situation is this: An IBM contractor has set up our whole environment, but he's left already.
I'd like to understand all nuances of the configuration of both VIOS and LPARs, especially with regard to virtual FC and Ethernet.
On the basis of the config info I want to be able to figure out all settings and topology, so that later I can add or modify the LPARs and VIOS features.

What VIOS command or set of commands would be useful in this case?
The machine is Power770.

Thanx in advance!

--

Unless someone here has some handy scripts already written, this won't be as simple/fast as you probably want.

First, you'll want to grab the hardware setup. Easiest is to run a series of lssyscfg and lshwres commands from your HMC similar to:

Code:
lssyscfg -r sys -m <managed_system_name>

lshwres -r io --rsubtype slotchildren -m <managed_system_name>
lshwres -r virtualio --rsubtype eth -m <managed_system_name>
lshwres -r virtualio --rsubtype fc -m <managed_system_name>
...and so on

Then, you'll need to grap I/O mapping info from the VIO server command line:

Code:
lsmap -all -net
lsmap -all
lsmap -all -npiv
... and so on

This is a simplification of some commands that can be run. Modifications to command syntax and additional commands could possibly give more info required but this should get you started.

Regards,
Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back