Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VIO and AIX 5.3 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hfaix

MIS
Nov 25, 2003
US
Does anyone have AIX 5.3 running stable on vscsi from 2 VIO Servers? By this, I mean two VIO's serving up VSCSI and SEA's to Client Paritions? I'm trying to do it with ESS800 Lun's (Both VIO's see the same LUN). I've got it working in a test environment, but my vscsi0 (from vio1) and vscsi1 (from vio2) on client LPAR's never seem to recover well from simulated failures. Some times my client paritions won't boot unless I shutdown a VIO server first.

It seems like I have had support on speed dial from these new "virtualized" technologies.

I'm just curious to see if anyone is tinkering with this.

wow... you've gone to 1.1.2.1? Are you running AIX 5.3 ML2 already?

If you want to connect modems to CLPARs, is it correct that you can not use the internal serial ports of the p5? Do you need to install additional serial adapters, one for each CLPAR and modem, and dedicate these to the CLPARs?

What are the SPCN0 and the SPCN1 ports, located close to the HMC1 and HMC2 ports, used for?

On the client we have installled AIX 5.3 ML02 .
On the vio servers with ios 1.1.2.1 the oslevel shows 5300-00 because the rsct and csm lpp's did not get the recommended ML ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back