Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

viewing other users calendar

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtoestreich

IS-IT--Management
Jul 17, 2003
US
How can I set up one user to view another users calendar only. Using Exchange 2000 server and Outlook 2000 or Outlook XP

Thanks for the help

Have outlook open. go to file, open, other users folder,Put their name in, or seach for their name, in the drob down box select calendar. Click ok. The calendar should remain under file, open for them to access it.

Oops! left out an important detail. I need to be able to put the calendar in the folder list view.

You can import the calendar. Then that would have to be done every time there where changes made to the calendar. If you want it in the folder list..

In exchange 2000 and outlook 2000 you can use delegates features. goto tool menu.... options and click delegates, add the person(s) from your domain, hit ok. set the permission, watch out for the private items tick or tick the two bottom check boxes.

back tools menu, choose services, click on ms exchange server, properties, advanced, add mailbox you wish to view. and ok. you should be able to mailbox - user in the folders list.

goodluck

You don't need to import the calendar. If you want to see the Calendar in the folder list view then you need to add permissions to the MAILBOX folder as well as the Calendar folder.

Then once the permissions are set just add the mailbox as an additional mailbox under the Exchange Server properties. You will then see only the Mailbox and Calendar folder in the folder list view.

joegz
"Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is."

Thanks joegz
That worked exactly the way I wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back