Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Viewing of reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

zyabc

Technical User
Jul 4, 2003
GB
Hello All,

I have created a report which has numerous column headings & row headings. I would like to split it into different pages & repeat the row heading & the remaining column heading. Is it possible in MS-Access Report?

For Ex:

City Jan Feb Mar

ABC 1 1 1
DEF 1 1 1

I want the first page to be

City Jan Feb

ABC 1 1
DEF 1 1

& the second page to be

City Mar

ABC 1
DEF 1

Can it be done?
Pls help me out.

Thanks & Regards,
zyabc

The only way I think you can do that is using 2 sub reports in a main report.

1st report contains fields : CITY, JAN, FEB

2nd report contains fields : CITY, MAR

Main report contains (in detail section) :

1 subreport

pagebreak object (in access toolbar)

2nd subreport

Deulyd

Try make your report double-wide and then repeat the City column toward the middle of the page so that it shows on the left of the second page. The first columns go between the city columns and the last column goes way to the right.

Duane
MS Access MVP

Hello All,

Thanks for your response quite immediately. The above is just an example. It may be even between dates. For Ex: 27/01/2003 to 27/02/2003. Hence i would like to put first 6 columns plus the city in the first page & the next 6 columns plus the city in the second page & so on... Is it possible? Since if i don't do like that... the report looks ugly. Please do suggest some ideas...

I read somewhere that grouping of columns can be done. Also please tell me how to create a sub-report in MS-Access Report? Is MS-Access Report a Crystal Report. Please help me out.

Thanks & Regards,
zyabc

Is this for printing results of a crosstab query? Are dates/months the real headings? If date increments then I think you would be justified in designing for a specific number of columns. If a user wanted a larger date range, they would run two reports (could be programmed). If you truly want a dynamic number of columns that would wrap, then check the crosstab report download at
Duane
MS Access MVP

Hello Dhookom,

I am new to MS-Access. So, please excuse me if i wrong anywhere

1) I am using Crosstab Query currently. But i learnt somewhere that if i use crosstab query it actually creates a table internally with all the dates. If the user enters adds some more records it will pose a problem isn't it? Can you please tell me how to write a simple query which looks like CrossTab Query.

2) The dates/months are real heading. How Can i write a program to create two separate reports with 10 columns of dates in each report.

Pls help me out

Thanks & Regards,
zyabc

Assuming you want a report with 10 columns that display values from consecutive dates. Also assume your date field is [DteFld] and you have users enter the ending date in Forms!frmDtSlct!txtEnd.

In your crosstab, set the column heading expression to:
ClHd:"D" & DateDiff("d",[DteFld],Forms!frmDtSlct!txtEnd)
Then set the Column Headings property to:
"D9","D8",...,"D0"
Set your Query | Parameters to
Forms!frmDtSlct!txtEnd Date/Time
Open the form and enter an ending date. Run the query and DteFld values matching Forms!frmDtSlct!txtEnd will display under [D0]. Nine days earlier will be in column [D9].

In your report, use text boxes for column labels. Set the control sources to:
=DateAdd("d",0,Forms!frmDtSlct!txtEnd)
=DateAdd("d",-1,Forms!frmDtSlct!txtEnd)
=DateAdd("d",-2,Forms!frmDtSlct!txtEnd)
etc
Format these to whatever date format you want.

Duane
MS Access MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back