Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

viewing multiple desktops remotly

Status
Not open for further replies.

madman070578

IS-IT--Management
May 24, 2002
GB
Do anyone know of any software to remotly view my client's desktops? I am a network manager in a school, and it would be very useful to see what is going on remotly.

If it could scan through all the clients screens displaying each one for a few seconds that would be even better!

d.philpin@dewisant.pembroke.sch.uk

Not sure about scanning through desktops for a few seconds, but have a look at MS NetMeeting [Free] or Remote Assistance is you are using XP. Or try some commercial software like PCAnywhere or, damn, what's it's name - VNU?

Andy Leates MCSE CCNA MCP+I

VNC is what I am using now. This enables me to view the desktop, I'd just like to be able to set it up to automatically scan through all my clients.

Also I don't want the end user to realise I'm looking......

what OS are your clients running? If its XP you can use the built in remote assitance function. But, I think you have to have the user invite you to help to be able to see their desktop.

I have a mixture of clients - they are NT4, 2000 and XP.

I definatly need to be able to look without the client realising - so it isn't ideal if the user on the client machine has to accept!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back