Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Viewing files

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdeluise

Technical User
Oct 9, 2001
US
I'm running Windows NT4 and after my machine crashed one time, the way I view files has not been the same. It views the files in reverse alphabetical order. I've tried many times to change the folder options - but it never remembers the settings. Rebooting hasn't helped. It's more of an annoyance than anything else. Any ideas? Thanks.

Try changing the view to how you want it, then holding down the shift key whilst closing the window. This usually makes it remember.

Thank you John. It also shows up when I go into my applications like DreamWeaver, QuarkXpress, Adobe Products, and also my Microsoft Office applications. Any ideas there? Thanks again.

Sounds like you've got a more general problem.
First things first; try installing/reinstalling SP6a and see if that makes any difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back