Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Viewing Email Threads 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

warshauer

IS-IT--Management
Mar 19, 2006
US
My superior asked me to get him to
view emails of a specific user. How
does one do this.

Put his logon ID in the Permissions tab of the mailbox as User. If the Permissions tab isn't visible in Admin, tick the box to make it so in Tools Options.

Is this done under Mailbox Resources on that particular
user? If so, there is no place to enter a logon ID under the permissions tab.

There should be an ADD button to add a new user. Also not that the newly added user will need to have the role of user to be able to login and view the emails.

Where can I find step by step instructions? Would I find it under the help topics?

Are you seriously unable to work this out without detailed instructions? This is one of the more straightforward tasks in Exchage administration.

has more than you need, although it has screen shots for the bits you are changing.

I understand that you could be very qualified in this area. But I signed up to get help. I thought this forum was a help area. I have done the task needed. The detailed information is for my records.

Have a great day

But I did help you, in both of my posts. There is a balance to be struck between us assisting when people reach the limit of their resources, and people not thinking for themselves.

I'm glad your problem has been solved, and I apologise if I offended you, that was not my intention.

Yes you did and I do appreciate it. After reading the thread again I realized I did go a bit overboard. My bad no need to apologize.
I don't know alot about exchange and am grasping anything
I possibly can. Again thank you for your help. I have my exchange starter manual but thats about it(all 65 pages) wooohooo. And now the link you sent is becoming a great help.

Have a great day

If you're new to Exchange 5.5 admin and you need to consolidate your skills, you can benefit greatly from getting the O'Reilly book "Managing Microsoft Exchange Server" by Paul Robichaux (ISBN 1565925459). It's hard to get hold of these days, but a bit of Googling can usually turn up a copy if you work at it.

You can also check out there are some good articles on that site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back