Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Viewing all mailboxes groupwise 5.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobDillen

Technical User
Jul 12, 2003
NL
Hello,

I'm a newby with novell groupwise and i've searched the web, this forum, etc. for the answer but nothing.

Is it possible to view all mailboxes at onces? I'm investigating a company with about 20 people. I have to review 10 backup tapes. So if I can't view or merge all mailboxes I have to open and search about 200 mailboxes. I really don't have this time so any suggestions?

Another question is that I've copied all files (po, domain, etc.) to my system and I want to login to the postoffice. I'm not running a netware server, just nt. I get a connection but now it's saying "Waiting for master system to process requests". Could the reason for this being that the po is not set to "Direct Access Mode". How can I check if a po is set to Direct Access Mode"? I can't get to the PO with NWAdmn so I want to look for a textfile or something.

ps the systemadministrator is also gone (with all the other people of the company) so I can't ask him for advice or doing the job. There's no legal problem in viewing all emails.

Thanks

In my experience, the answer to your question is no, you can't look at all mailboxes at once. Groupwise isn't like Exchange, in that it treats each mailbox individually and doesn't grant rights to any one user/object to view all mailbox content.

I doubt that there is an easy way to find out if the po is set to direct access without resorting to NWAdmin or ConsoleOne. FYI, though, most GW system admins aren't likely to use direct access, as it can cause some pretty severe database damage if you leave it that way when real users are logged in (ie -- on a live network). Also, if I recall correctly, you will need to be running NDS for NT (or its equivalent) in order to set Groupwise up correctly in your non-Netware environment. Best of luck.

Thanks for the reply. I've sorted allmost all of the problems.

Groupwise wasn't set to direct access. And the biggest problem to review all mailboxes was easy! Allmost all of the tapes had been deleted / destroyed. So I did the job in one day on location.

Bob Dillen EnCE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back