Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Viewable resolution for dreamweaver 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobbin

IS-IT--Management
Jul 30, 2001
CA
Hello!
When creating websites in dreamweaver is there a way to change the resolution? I have created a site at 1024x768 however, the client wants it in 800x600. In other words, they want it so that there is no scrolling left to right. Is there a way to fix this???? I really don't want to start over again!

when you have dreamweaver open, and will view your current window in another resolutiuon, check out the bottom right hand corner of the open window, next to your internet icon, in the task bar. There your will see that the options pop up, 1026 x 860, 800 x 600 etc. When your selct this option your window will spring to this size and remain so when (F12) previewing. However, a word of warning to your customer, if you check your own site stat's regulararly, your viewers will be using 98% 1026 resolution (17").
So, have fun creating the perfect site at both resolutions!
Greetings.

Hi Kissy, I have a question, I designed a site for a client using 800 by 600 and it looks fine, but under 1024 resolution, the menu choices get distorted...my question is does changing the resloution from DW help design the page for 1024 resolution and 800 resolution??
I'm not sure if i'm makin sense here... I have not failed; I merely found 100,000 different ways of not succeding...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back