Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

View/Updateing needs refresh? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proteus7

IS-IT--Management
Feb 26, 2002
US
I created 2 local views(based on jobs in progress). I want to click on a job(in form A/ with view3 only) and cost it out in accounting. The job status is increased by 1. This should send the job record from view3 to view4. The click event is done on one form. when I exit this form it takes me to form B(this is the form that has both views on it).

Here is the problem. When I cost out the job on FormA the job never leaves the view3. Second, when I go to FormB the job is still in view3 and sometimes its in both.

Is there a way to fix this? Do I need a different refresh? I'm ussing thisform.refresh(). It doesn't seem to work.

Thanks for the help last time ramani it was right on the dot.
[ponder]
Larry

Have you tried requerying the view with REQUERY("view4") or REQUERY("view3") when the second form is activated?

Thanks. I knew that I was missing something simple. I was not putting the view name in "" or in the Requery().

Again thanks. I'm teaching myself how to do all of this.

Larry
[shadeshappy]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back