Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

View TASK Description in MSQ620? how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tav1035

MIS
May 10, 2001
US
When searching... in the list box...(show fields...add new fields...ect.)
I can view the header level description, but can't find the field for task description. How can I set it up? was it left out for a reason?

The reason as far as I am aware is that in the search window you are looking at header records (MSF620) and not the Tasks which are held in (MSF623). Reason is that otherwise when searching you could end up getting hundreds of tasks associated with one work order. To see Task details you need to get to the record itself. You could use a product like MIMSVu (Corvu) to build queries to get this kind of search facility.

THis is not correct. There is a way to access the Task details from within the MSQ screens.

100's of tasks for a Work Order? Thats pretty excesive and not within the design intent for the system.

Oz...

On version 4.1 via MSO621 Option 4 is to review tasks which can be narrowed down to equipment / work group. You can then see each task related to your selection criteria, and, using action codes, go to the specific work order that it relates to. Does that help?

: ) Donna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back