Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

View Source

Status
Not open for further replies.

MinnisotaFreezing

Programmer
Jun 21, 2001
KR
Hi,

How can I view the source of a webpage that is JavaScript spawned, and has right click, alt and ctrl disabled?

Any help is thanks.

Goto the URL of the page you want to see the source of, then go File > Save As and save the document. Providing they haven't stopped you from saving the page, just save it all as html files, and it'll save the page and anything else needed to make it display properly offline... then just open notepad and point to the .html file you just saved ;)

Thanks, but as well as having right click, alt, ctrl, and f1-f10 disabled, the file menue is disabled as well.

I was able to view the page from my cach, but got some html I can't figure out yet. Maybe I can post the code and get some help, when I can formulate a question.

Can you share the URL of this page? I am interested in how the File menu is disabled. That's a new one on me.

The file menu is disabled? That's a new one on me too. I can only assume its a script of some sort, but surely disabling the file menu is not allowed as this is restricting the use of your browser?

Like Jimoblak said, if you can share the URL with us maybe we can find out whats going on behind all that code? Adam

PC-Tek Forum

Yes, it is launched by a script, so I don't know the URL of the page. Its similar to this <a href=&quot;javascript:CNN_openPopup('/interactive/weather/0301/arctic.air/frameset.exclude.html','620x430','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,resizable=no,width=620,height=430')&quot;>Why is it so cold?</a> That of course doesn't work from here, the Java function is not here. Go to http:\\ and look for Why is it so cold? under More top stories, near the top.

This is the cached page:

<script language=&quot;javascript&quot;>
// ¿À¸¥ÂÊ ¸¶¿ì½º ¹öÆ° »ç¿ë¸øÇÏ°Ô Çϱâ
function mousedown_handler(e) {
// IE ÀÎ °æ¿ì
if (navigator.userAgent.indexOf(&quot;MSIE&quot;) != -1) {
if (window.event.button == 2)
alert(&quot;¿À¸¥ÂÊ ¹öÆ°Àº »ç¿ëÇÒ ¼ö ¾ø½À´Ï´Ù&quot;)
window.event.returnValue = false;
}

// Netscape ÀÎ °æ¿ì
else if (navigator.userAgent.indexOf (&quot;Mozilla&quot;) != -1) {
if (e.which == 3)
alert(&quot;¿À¸¥ÂÊ ¹öÆ°Àº »ç¿ëÇÒ ¼ö ¾ø½À´Ï´Ù&quot;)
return false;
}
}

</script>

<html>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>GAMEMAX VOD</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<body onload=&quot;document.form1.submit()&quot;>
<form name=&quot;form1&quot; Action=&quot; method=&quot;get&quot;>

<input type=&quot;hidden&quot; name=&quot;num&quot; value=&quot;304&quot;>
<input type=&quot;hidden&quot; name=&quot;round&quot; value=&quot;4°­&quot;>
<input type=&quot;hidden&quot; name=&quot;gamecode&quot; value=&quot;sc&quot;>
</form>
</body>

What I think this does, is on load, it sends these three values to ASP, and then ASP returns the URL of the streaming video. That is what I am after, the URL, not so I can steal it, but so I can watch it as it streams too slow to see. And also, I am interested. I know that information is in my computer, I want to know how to get it. ^^

I&quot;ll try HTTTrack, but I assume you have to put in a URL for it to work, which I don't have.

Any help is always appriciated.

Another example of what I mean by file menue disabled is the link on this page called Process TGML you can find it in Step 2 of Post Your Reply, right under this message.

In step 2 I can still go to the source of this page and see the link that is being generated for the popup.

I can take that URL from the source of THIS page and paste it into a new browser and go to that page directly.

Then I have my file menu visible.

If you look at the code from the generating page there is most always a way to get the target URl for that popup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back