Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

View report .rpt on intranet web

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsoto1

Programmer
May 7, 2003
IN
I have iis 5 installed on a intranet machine.
I have CR9 and CR Enterprise installed on the same machine.
I have probe.rpt report in c:\Inetpub\If i open CR and load probe.rpt, works fine, but if i try put URL in Microsoft internet explorer i get a window "Open? Save? Cancel?.." and i cant view rpt on ms explorer.

RAS report directory is set to 'c:\Inetpub\help me please.
thanx in advance.

PD Excuse me, I'm from spain, my english is very poor.

Reread the documentation on how to run Crystal Reports on a web site...Either as 'unmanaged' or 'published' reports..It is not just a matter of calling
it from the url....

Is your IIS properly configured to recognize what to do with a file with the .rpt extension?
Did you install the web components?
Are the Crystal web services running?

Any error during the install?

[profile]

What could i doing in order to IIS recognized properly files .rpt?
I have installed Crystal Report 9. and Crystal Enterprise RAS.

Hi,
If I understand correctly, the installation of RAS should have configured your IIS ( if it was running at the time you installed RAS) to handle .rpt files..But, I am not sure ( not used RAS v9 ) that RAS supports 'unmanaged' reports..

Read again, the docs on publishing reports to RAS...

Perhaps someone with more RAS experience can elaborate..

[profile]

Ras 9 doesn't call report directly as .rpt in url. You have
to wrap them into asp page. Take a look at ePortfolio calls. CE 9 Standard and above can call report directly.

Lady Linet

Hi dsoto1,

I have the same problem as you have mentioned. Have you resolved this already? Your help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

The problem dsoto1 reported is web reporting using url commands. Url command web reporting can only be handled by Crystal Enterprise 9. Search keywords "Crystal 9 url commands" on this site for more articles on this and See explanation from a Crystal report insider:

There have been some changes from CR7 and cr9/CE9.

In CR7 we included everything in the install for web reporting. Page Server/Image server. However in CR9, we seperated the components. CR9 only comes with the Designer and development components. We moved the web components over to another CD called Crystal Enterprise 9. Also we created a new technology called RAS9 (Report Application Server)

Now if your fimiliar with URL report, such as the link you showed me, then you will need to get Crystal Enterprise. With this product you can do your URL reporting. There are 2 versions of CE9, Standard and Professinal. For basic web report you could just use the Standard version.

Don't get Crystal Enterprise 9 mixed up with Crystal Enterprise Report Application Server 9(RAS9). RAS is a development SDK which runs stand alone or in conjuction with CE9.

I am running ce8.5 standard + iis - no special config required. All you have to do is import the report using the publishing wizard. Then log onto enterprise mgmt console and set up database logon information and any parameters. Hit preview to see the report both to make sure it runs ok and to get the report id: In the url you will see a report ID.
USE this number in your url.
SEE instructions on crystal decisions under document titled 'tactical guide to understanding and installing crystal web reporting' - although the other docs mentioned will help too.
Let me know if you need more detail - all I know is in those docs, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back