Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

View moving text in front of background???HOW???

Status
Not open for further replies.

jameszr1

MIS
Apr 24, 2002
US
I have noticed some websites where when you have text it
is like writing it on glass and putting it on top of the background. When you move the elevator the text moves, but the background is stationary. Would someone please tell me how I can do this. Thanks a lot.

James

Put this in your page header:

<style type=&quot;text/css&quot;><!--
body { background-image:url(&quot;logo.gif&quot;);
background-attachment:fixed;
background-repeat:no-repeat;
background-position:bottom right; }
--></style>

You can adjust the background position on you get it where you want it.

Linda Adams
Linda Adams/Emory Hackman Official Web site Official web site for actor David Hedison:

Forget Style sheets, if people do not have it turned on they will not see it!!
Basically very simple. In your html script where you tell the browser which image file to use as the backgroung, add
BGProperties=fixed> Nothing more!
Best of Luck
Bernst

This is IE compliant ONLY! DeZiner
Never be afraid to try something new.
Remember that amateurs built the Ark.
Professionals built the Titanic

Forget Style sheets

that's like saying forget web designing today!
I totaly disagree with this remark and think style sheets have been around long enough to feel comfortable with using them. Actually about 5 years ago I felt comfortable with using them. If you aren't then you're the first I've heard of in a while.

How amny people do you know have the tools settings to ignore styles anyways. Are you thinking of having Javascript turned off by any chance.

unless you're worried about few users not being able to see your background the example Garridon gave is they answer to what you want I'm trying, really I am!
admin@onpntwebdesigns.com

I tried Garridons and it gave me the &quot;microsoft help dog&quot; figure on my screen that I could set anywhere and the background text & that would move with the elevator, but not the dog. Had to remove fido..I need to study up more I guess on what I'm trying to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back