Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

View Latest values in form during runtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

prakashroch

Technical User
May 2, 2002
US
Hello,
My FoxPro table is getting data from another database, that’s Sybase .The Sybase feeds data very 10secs so the FoxPro table gets populated very 10 sec .Is it possible to show the latest data in the form during run time. Say if I have the “Record Source” of a grid as the table that is getting the data frequently.
Thanks

Try a:

SET REFRESH TO 10, 10

The thing is that the record pointer don't always stay put with that statement.

Dave S.

HI DSummZZZ,
I have Set Refresh to 10,10 in my code-->program and i am running the form from same program .But still cant see the latest value in Form. Only after i close the form and reopen it i can see the latest value..Any suggestions
thanks

Is your form a PrivateDatasession? If so try putting the SET REFRESH in the load of the form itself.

My form was in PrivateDatasession and i wrote the code in Forms "Load" as well as "int" procedure still the data does show up.
The form that i have right now is created thru wizard will that make any differance. i guess not??

here is the code that i have in the program that runs the form

CLOSE DATABASES ALL
SET DEFAULT TO C:\project_trial
SET EXCLUSIVE OFF
SET MULTILOCKS ON
OPEN DATABASE 03_24
DO FORM trial

and in form load event i have SET REFRESH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor