Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

View last inbound number

Status
Not open for further replies.

techguru69

IS-IT--Management
Jan 14, 2003
US
Hi all,
Is there any way for a user, or sys admin for that matter, to view the last inbound number to their station? We've been receiving some crank calls and need to see what the caller id is.

We are on Definity R6 using 6408D+ handsets.

Thanks.

There is a call log feature on digital stations, button definition: msg-retr (not sure what release began support). However, this feature only records missed, inbound calls; and then only if the caller id is received. Since you only know a crank call is a crank call by virtue of answering, this feature won't help much. I think your best solution is a call accounting system.

You can have the CDR of the switch output to a data mod connected to a pc running hyperterm. Have the hyperterm program capture the data into a text file.

I have that set up here, and they've covered how to do this pretty well on this board.

I have they hyperterm app launch at start up, and create a new text folder everyday. Kind of cumbersum but much cheaper that a CAS package, especially if all you are going to do is catch some prank callers. Also if they dont have caller id, or its blocked the CDR report will not show any info.

RTMCKEE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back