Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"View Files" button in IE 5.0 properties not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyabe

MIS
Mar 21, 2000
US
In IE 5.0 properties, the view temporary internet files button does not work.  I realize there are other means to reach the files, but i just wonder why that particular button does not work.  Any ideas?

Do you mean they are not where the system thinks they are or does the button not work at all? I moved where mine are stored...so NT or IE (probably IE?) made some more of them where it wanted to...in the Winnt/temporary internet files/content.IE5 directory.<br>Norton AV thinks my system has those funky named directories that NT makes for cache.&nbsp;&nbsp;Not there on my system (I guess 'cause I changed the location myself.)<br>BTW does ActiveX work on your system?<br> <p> <br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= > </a><br>

tried it on ie5 and it works fine takes a couple seconds to load windows explorer.&nbsp;&nbsp;it just looks in this location for the files C:\WINDOWS\Temporary Internet Files\<br><br>hope this helps<br> <p>moses<br><a href=mailto:tmoses@iname.com>tmoses@iname.com</a><br><a href= my site</a><br> "We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the<br>
Complete Works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is<br>
not true." <br>
--Robert Wilensky, University of California <br>
<br>
<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back