Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

View Currently Running Jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve187

Programmer
Nov 20, 2006
US
I've been looking in CMC for some sort of report/status screen that shows which jobs/reports are currently being ran by username.

Looking at the CMS server (CMC - Servers) I can see who is currently logged-in, with his/her login-in time and the total number of current sessions.

The CMC settings screen under "Metrics" gives a count of currently running jobs. (that never updates, always set to zero,... eventhough I launched some reports and refreshed the screen)

To make a long story short, I need to find something simlar to "Instance Manager" under Administrative tools for "Jobs" and not scheduled instances.

Any help who be greatly appreciated. We are getting database record locks from crystal reports and who like to know which report to kill instead of killing everyone's report.

Thanks again,
Steve

First off, what version are you running?

If you start at the launchpad page, there is a link to an Instance Manager on the left. It is not the greatest, but give you some basic information about reports based on status.

~Brian

Sorry Crystal Enterprise XI (11.5.7.682). I looked at the Instance Manager and that will not work because it only shows status of Instance status of sheduled reports.

I need something that will show me users who are running reports on demand.

I've dipped into to Query Builder and can't find the needed fields their either.

Thanks for the reply

Detailed list of currently running "View on Demand" reports...?

Off the top of my head, I can't think of a built-in or 3rd-party tool that would do that - most of them are limited to INSTANCEs which only relate to scheduled-objects.

If you are running BOE-Auditing on the Page and Cache servers - you might be able to find something from the Audit data (with last X minutes).

This may not be an option with your database but I have access to a "sessions" table that shows the Crystal server activity. I can also see the SQL that is associated with the session. It's the bomb for spotting stale sessions and seeing which ones need to be killed. If your dba can provide that, it might be an easier option than acquiring a third-party app.

Thanks for the replies. In the Activity Monitor for SQL we cannot see which users are locking the system, because the users are setup using Crystal Auth instead of Windows Auth. We can see that a Crystal Report is the problem, but can identify which user, so we have to kill all reports.

I found a third party solution from apos call realtime monitor, we are going to install a demo tomorrow. I'll report back with details.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back