Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

View 7.0 reports with Active X viewer for 8.5 reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshwallick

IS-IT--Management
Mar 1, 2002
US
I wanted to know if anyone has run into this problem and found a solution. We currently have several v 7.0 Crystal Reports running on the web using the Active X viewer. We will be developing v 8.5 reports using the Active X viewer to be used on Crystal Enterprise. We will not be upgrading the 7.0 reports to 8.5, nor will they be using Crystal Enterprise. We have found that after a user downloads the Active X viewer for 8.5, they can no longer view reports in 7.0. Any suggestions?

Hello, I apologize for bothering you but did you ever get this resolved, if you did how?

unfortunatly, we have/had the same issue. some other teams were using cr8 and we were using cr7. anyone that downloaded the cr8 controls were unable to view the cr7 reports. only way of solving this was formatting, reloading cr7 did no good. the consensus around here is that you have no choice but to move to 8.0 or greater, we moved to 8.5. unfortunatly some of our code no longer works in 8.5, thus here i am :)

Hello, I did finally correct this issue. The crviewer.dll will either get installed with report designer or update via intranet/internet. The crviewer.dll is ONLY for the web browser. If you unregister the .dll then open up the web browser and run a report via the web it will download the proper .dll is coming from the report server.

This how you unregister from the dll.

regsrv32 /U crviewer.dll

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back