Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

video problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

s786

Technical User
Oct 19, 2000
IN
Dear Friends,
After installing an MPEG decorder card into a system and connecting it to the PCI video card using the internal video feature connector, the display appears corrupted.

few more details required there chief, video card and decoder manufacturer, operating system, latest drivers for both cards being used ?
If in doubt get the Ball Pein Hammer out

i beleive there is settings in your system bois that you need to enable pci/vga palette snoop or something like that.hope that helps

dear friends,
X-) i do want to know that how much static current is produced by an humanbeing and whatis the minimum static current is required to damage any component.

Not current, voltage. Depends on humidity, what kind of rug you are walking on, what kind of shoes you have, what kind of underwear you are wearing and whether you have stroked your cat lately. If clothes cling together when they are removed from your clothes dryer then you have conditions ripe for static production.
Any static potential greater than about 3 volts is sufficient to fry certain chips. But if you ground yourself to the frame of the device you are working on before you touch the device you are probably not going to damage it. Or wear a static discharge bracelet that is connected to the frame of the device.
If you get a tingle when you touch the frame for the first time you are in danger of damage. Ed Fair
efair@atlnet.com

Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply.

Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back