Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Video problem 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

oholloway

Technical User
Apr 20, 2005
US
This has been an ongoing problem for me for the last couple months.While I am surfing the internet,typing, or doing nothing at all, the video to my screen simply blanks out.NO blue screen,no warnings, no errors, just typing,typing and then bam,it's gone.I looked in event log after the computer rebooted and there's this message: NVIEW : WINWORD: WAIT_TIMEOUT, while waiting for a read to clear - resetting read event.It's not always winword,sometimes it's rundll,iexplore,spysweeper or explorer. It really doesn't matter what it is,when that event happens the video blanks out and my only option is to reboot.This happens anywhere from 3-10 times per day.My question is what is causing this and how can I fix it.Thank you.

Thank you for all your responses.I greatly appreciate the thoughts and ideas of the forum.You have helped put me on the path to solving my problem."BadBigBen" I will try to get another PSU but that will be at least another week.I do not want to take up anymore of you guys time waiting for my responses.Thanks again to everyone.

oholloway,

don't worry about us... we're Geeks (at least most of us) and are eager to help others out... *G

BTW. keep us posted if the PSU worked or not!

Ben

If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back