Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Video lags Audio in QT 6.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMoke

MIS
Aug 29, 2002
US
I currently have three compies at this location. Two are windows based and have Quicktime installed.
The first runs W2K Server, and QT 6.0. This machine has no problems with QT playback.
The second has recently been rebuilt due to a motherboard crash, and the only version of QT available was 6.4. When running this version, the video begins lagging the audio immediately, and the lag becomes more pronounced as the movie plays.

The newly rebuilt machine has:
DFI LanParty NFII Ultra
AMD Athlon XP 2000+
256MB pc2100
AIW 128 Pro
Philips Acoustic Edge
Win XP Pro, all service Packs

Has anyone else seen problems like this before? I've looked thru the system, and tweaked everything I can find, to no avail. The problem is evident even in files that have completely downloaded.

Well- I solved my problem. I put in a call to Apple Tech Support, and talked to a real human who was very helpful. His suggestion was that I stop any running processes using msconfig that might be causing a conflict, and also uninstall and reinstall from the stand-alone installer download.

This gave me an idea: I first uninstalled Quicktime, then rebooted into safe mode w/o networking, and tried to reinstall. It hung at the end, so I rebooted into safe mode with networking and tried again. It seemed to take forever to get started, and I was ready to C-A-D it, when the first install screen came up. This time it installed.

Rebooted in normal mode, everything is now synced up properly, and we are happy.

Facing Future - IZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back