Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Video in Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wazz

Technical User
Aug 12, 2002
GB
Hi guys,
I am trying as a mini project to make a recruitment video for a non profit organisation. I have undertaken this project and would love to use flash for it. (I have used flash before). I want the video itself to last for around a minute and a half. I have chosen flash as I would like the video to available online. I have a few still pics but would struggle to make just over a minutes worth of footage with stills. I have a few videos, done with a digital camcorder, can these be used in flash? If not, anyone have any bright inspirational ideas or examples of what im trying to do.
I would like to stress that I am not trying this for my own financial gain, it is for a non profit organisation.

With Flash MX this is totally possible.

Bear in mind that the Flash movie will be at least as long as the movie u imported! MCSE NT4 MCSA 2000/XP CCNA CCDA

I have used video a few times with flash MX.

I have imported as MPEG 2, and had no problems.
Have you got your footage already as MPEG or is it on tape. If it is on tape you will need to get it ripped to MPEG or another digital format.
then you can just import

Cheers guys!

I have managed to convert it to mpeg... is that as good as moeg 1 or 2 or cant you comopare it? bare in mind bandwidth issues etc...

MPEG 2 is better quality.

not sure about the bandwidth - it depends how long your clip is going to be. I havn't had any problems with clips of up to 30 seconds

Hi guys,
Ok I have now imported my mpeg into my flash movie, and when I play the movie from within mx it shows with it, my imported mpeg. However when I publish it or go to publish preview and view it through flashplayer V6, the mpeg doesnt show.

Im at a loss to understand why.

Any help would be great!!

wazz

Sounds like you have imported the video as a linked file not an as embedded file.

Try doing it as an embedded file. Use File > Import, then select your mpeg.
In the box that appears chooses the embed video option

hopfully this will solve your problem

simon

Cheers for the response simon,
I have just double checked this and the clip is definatley an embedded file.

I have used various different movie formats, sizes etc.

Im still at a loss. I have searched numerous help files and threads on flash-kit.com still cant find another example of this problem

Anyone offer further help?

Wazz

ok... I have just started a new flash movie and only imported a video... nothing else and it worked. So this might point towards my problem. The movie I am trying to get it to work in I started to make in flash 5, but did import it to to mx and convert it.

Could it be an issue with layers, too many layers. Oh and yes.. I have put inserted the movie into the top layer!!
:)

Wazz

SOLVED IT!!!!!! :)

I went to the properties of the movie and theres an option there that says, Publish with. and it was set for flash player 5. I just changed it to flash 6 and it works!

Dont know why im so happy though, ive just lost 24 hours of my project time figuring it out!!

after that though.. can i fade the video in?

Set the swf file _alpha to 0 on load. Then increment the _alpha until it is 100.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back