Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

video help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

macmanpapi

Technical User
Dec 8, 2003
US
the story i was playing nba live 2002 and then shut down my computer last night this morning i go to trun it on it sounds like it booting then i notice that the screen was black the whole time. i rebooted no bios bees just hard drive spinning (the norm) but still no video , so i tried a new one but it was pci not acp in a pci slot , i still got no video from that , i tool the whole computer apart and put it back together it still dose the same thing i will get bois erros if i remove the fan or ram but the post test thinks the video card is working could this be a moboard thing or video. specs dell optiplex 550 gx ati 7000 32mb wd 60gb hd 512 ram samsung dvd ram soundblaster audio live

I think you shold reset the bios the default values.
It might have been confused about the vid.board.
If you dont find the jumper to move . Take the cmos(bios)
battery out some 10-15 minutes.
Remember to disconnect the powercord to AC first.

i have allready reset the bios and sill nothing the pci video card i have also tested in a another computer, i also pulled out the ram to see if i could boot with 256 simm it came with the computer its the weirdest stuff i have ever seen it has a metal case, but anyway the computer dose give bios bees for ram and cpu fan and that was it. the cpu dose not beeps if there is no video install in a pci or agp slot no beeps i am presuming that this is a moboard or maybe power supply problme

Not a PS problem or you would not get power to anything, I am strongly thinking that it is a bad MB. From what was said here, I feel strongly that that is waht is happening.

GoatMan

Sounds like you are having more issues than I care to deal with at this time...HA!

I am experiencing a similar problem with my wife's computer. On Wednesday she tried to reboot and it didn't come up. I took everything apart, cleaned and put things back together. I tried a new graphics card, no dice. Out of desparation I repeatedly took apart put back together, and after the sixth time it booted up. I installed the new graphics card drivers, tried to reboot and it won't boot anymore. No beeps at post. I think that it is MB related. Any suggestions are more than welcome.

cmtsailor !
if this is a kt7 mb look at thsi thread.
thread749-737202

syar

Thank you for the info SVAR2003,
I really appreciate you taking the time. Unfortunately, the problem was with the MB and I had to replace it. Thank goodness for full refund service plans.

I am trying to install a Sony Flat Panel TV to a laptop and use it as a dual display for a video analyzer, it displays the image fine but any text appears unreadable. Is there an adaptor, or a problem that I am not aware of with using a TV Screen as a video monitor. The laptop is a Compaq Presario 2700 and the Sony TV is a KLV23HR1.

Sony is of little to no help as they prefer to sell you a flat screen Sony Monitor, rather than help with some not brand specific. Same issue with Compaq.

che8a

Try changing the font size thru ur driver. That may give you a better looksee at you fonts. (incase u r not familar). On the an empty part of the desktop, right click, go to properties - settings - Advanced. At this point another window will pop up. In my configuration it is the first tab that says General. From here you should be able to change your font size. Not sure if this will help but please post back even if you find a different solution.

Good luck!

it could be that the resolution of the TV is not big enough. Resolution 1280 x 768 (WXGA) spread over 23" is actually not that great. Look closely at the screen where the text is. If you can see that the text is just very blocky where the pixels/cells are that is your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back