Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Video Editing

Status
Not open for further replies.

andegre

MIS
Oct 20, 2005
US
Hello all, I have been tasked with writing a program to allow an end-user (WinForm at first, will eventually move to web page, but not right now) the ability to mark a point in a video, or multiple videos, then concatenate all of those little clips to create a new video.

Question: What is a good 3rd party software (preferrably free, but can be a purchased software) to be able to 1) Load and view a video and 2) Edit and save new videos and 3) (Optional) Burn a DVD from newly created video file.

Any help is appreciated!!!

That's really useful, andegre is asking for recommendations from people who's opinions he values here on TT and you say go and look at whatever's at the top of google...dead helpful. Is there an anti-purple star?

my response may be blunt, but if andegre hasn't shown any effort to do his/her own research, than that's where I will direct him/her.
Is there an anti-purple star?
you could red flag my post if you find it inappropriate.

Jason Meckley
Programmer

faq855-7190
faq732-7259

It's not blunt, it's just plain rude.
What is a good 3rd party software
He's asking for opinions and recommendations, not a sarcastic comment to go and look at a list of all the products available in the world.

Yours is not an inappropriate post (red flag), it's an unvaluable one, the opposite of valuable (purple star) hence the question "Is there an anti-purple star?"

Maybe I can just google it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back