Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Video doesn't play

Status
Not open for further replies.

pakiyabhai

Technical User
Jun 3, 2002
IN
i did a new installation of XP PRo yesterday with Sp1 , programs installed , MusicMatch Jukebox , VirtualDub , kazaalite , and DIVX PRO 5.02 and Divx 3.11 , now I cannot open any video files , my media player just freezes , audio plays fine , but this just freezes , ideas ???

i tired takin the DIVX out but didn't work

Try playing your DivX movies through DivX player. Install DivX 5 on top of divX 3, not the other way around. Please let us know what you think of posts, feedback is always appreciated as this will help to further our knowledge as well. [bigears]

avi's r fine , as they run on winMe , IInd operating system , i tried reinstallin still the same problem

avis r fine , only media player fails to play , I tired other players like REAL PLAYER , they all work , only media player both the version 6 and 8 which comes installed on Xp fail to play any video , no matter wat video mpeg1 , mpeg2 , the whole computer just hangs with

Btw MEdiaplayer plays audio files like mp3,wav absoultely fine

Try installing the new WMP9.

Other than that i am not sure, will come back to you if anything pops into my head. Please let us know what you think of posts, feedback is always appreciated as this will help to further our knowledge as well. [bigears]

oh hell ,

I had WinMe and WInXp , now even WinMe stops the normal video , aaaaaaaaagh , cyberwarrior i will install 9 , suggest which OS to put it on , Xp or Me , is 9 compatible with launch.yahoo.com stuff , just to be on the safe side.

XP, i would never suggest anyone to use ME. I am not sure about the compatibility with yahoo.?? perhaps this yahoo, stuff is your problem. What is it?

Please let us know what you think of posts, feedback is always appreciated as this will help to further our knowledge as well. [bigears]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back