Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Video Display 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

hughLg

Programmer
Feb 18, 2002
MY
I was upgraded my Windows XP from Windows ME. I had deleted all the backup file that're need to restored back to previous Windows. In previous Windows (ME), there's a CD provides some resources such as driver, application...

When I installing the Windows ME, I didn't install anythings in this resources CD. And just go directly to upgrade it into Windows XP. Maybe that resources're must in somethings...

When I using Windows XP, and when I play the video file, I can only hear the sound, but no any pictures...

What's the problem? I can't reinstall the Windows again. What I need to add? Where can I found it?

You need to add the correct drivers for everything, probably. Check the manufacturer of your video card, sound card, etc. and get the XP drivers. The Windows Updater will not necessarily have them. Jennifer Sigman
1/2 of the IT staff (does that make me assistant manager?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back