Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Video-Conferencing in HP4K V6

Status
Not open for further replies.

2kiddad

Technical User
Jul 8, 2014
US
I've performed a search regarding this topic and have read some inconclusive information. I need some general info at the moment.

I have a Hipath 4000 Version 6. We are having an AV vendor install video-conferencing equipment in one of conference rooms. I need to find out if it is possible to connect this equipment through the switch. I have a STMI4 card partitioned off for 30 SIP connections and am already using Polycom SIP5000 and SIP7000 conferencing phones in other conference rooms.

Will the HP4K support video-conferencing as it sits? Are there any additional requirements or options I need to add to the existing system? Are there specific options that need to be configured to support the video system?

I'm fairly adept and have a high comfort level with both Assistant and ComWin. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I am looking into a product called Vidyo that seems pretty cool, and can interface with a wide variety of video applications. You can get it both cloud based or with a physical presence. We are still in the investigation phase right now. I bought openscape web collaboration (light) with my new V7 system and they screwed me because there is no way to allow callers on mobile or desk phones to connect to the conference audio. Unless the users have a headset or speakers and are at a PC we can't use it. When we called them out on it they said we asked for web/video conferencing and a voice bridge for at least 30 people that we didn't specify they needed to be integrated.... Their cost to replace what we bought with the correct (full version) product was like $60K more. Vidyo does a lot of cool stff and can be reasonably priced depend on how many channels you need.

Just one suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back