Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Video Conference Problem - Cisco 2811

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abraxus

Programmer
Aug 8, 2006
US
Hi everyone! Really hoping someone can provide some insight on this difficulty we're having. We video conference between offices with no difficulty using a Polycom VSX 5000, but can't get it working with another Polycom outside our network.

Our system is behind a Cisco 2811. We've given it a static NAT and have allowed all IP traffic through, but still can't get video and audio to traverse. I'm happy to provide more information if there's something that will help, but that's it in a nutshell so I'm hoping to find someone out there with ideas. Thanks!

Can you ping from one site to the one behind the 2811? Please post a config...perhaps an access-list issue. I am confused as to how you are successful---with one 5000 at one site but are unsuccessful at another site behind a Cisco 2811? What does the routing at the site with the 5000 that works? Are you using the ISDN interface as a WAN connection between sites that are working, and connecting to the 2811 at the other site via ethernet? Please post a topology, like from where it works, to the internet, to the site that does not work, including the router and also WAN service (I.E frame relay, ISDN, DSL, etc.). Please include any other devices in between. Thanks.

Burt

Thanks for the guidance, Burt. It has since worked, I guess the 2811 was re-encapsulating the H.225 and H.323 data in such a way that it couldn't be used on the other side. It had been wrapping in the internal IP address instead of the NAT address and my director of IT found the syntax to tell it not to. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back