Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Video Conf with BRI ST Module

Status
Not open for further replies.

id07355

Technical User
Dec 16, 2003
US
Has anyone successfully set up a video conf call using a BRI ST module on a BCM 400? I am unable to complete a call or receive an inbound call via the BRI module. I have 6 DIDs that are associated with 6 Companion DNs. Two DNs per Loop with a total of 3 Loops. I also have a Target Line associated with each DN. And I also have the Physical line associated with each DN. Why can't I dial our or receive any calls?

Anyone?

You should be using ISDN DN's, not companion DN's.
How are your loops configured?
Do you have a PRI coming in?

Your BRI loops shouldn't have any physical lines associated with them ... only target lines.

Provide detailed config info and lets see what we can figure out.

SD

Hey SD,

Here's the config that i have set up:

Slot 1 = DSM32+
Slot 2 = BRI S/T
Slot 3 = DTM (T1) - Pool A
Slot 4 = DTM (PRI) - PRI A

Programmed Bus Type for BRI module = Trunk
Module type = BRI-ST, 4 Loops 301-304, 1-3 are provsnd

I have 6 ISDN/DECT DNs
5721 thru 5726 all set as ISND/DECT

Loop 1 = Type S, Fixed, Suppression bit
Loop DN = 5721
Assigned DNs
Loop 2 = Type S, Fixed, Suppression bit
Loop DN = 5723
Assigned DNs
Loop 3 = Type S, Fixed, Suppression bit
Loop DN = 5725
Assigned DNs

DN 5721 assigned Line 181 (physical Line) and Line 257 (target Line) Line Pool access = Pool PRI-A

DN 5722 assigned Line 182 (physical Line) and Line 258 (target Line) Line Pool access = Pool PRI-A

DN 5721 assigned Line 183 (physical Line) and Line 259 (target Line) Line Pool access = Pool PRI-A

DN 5721 assigned Line 184 (physical Line) and Line 260 (target Line) Line Pool access = Pool PRI-A

DN 5721 assigned Line 185 (physical Line) and Line 265 (target Line) Line Pool access = Pool PRI-A

DN 5721 assigned Line 186 (physical Line) and Line 272 (target Line) Line Pool access = Pool PRI-A

I do not know what the PRIME line should be set to for each DN.

Not sure if each DN should have access to BOTH Physical Line and Target Line

Also, the SPIDs on our Video Equipment have been set to the following:

Let me know if i missed anything and Thank You in advance.

Looks pretty good id.

I would suggest removing the physical lines, you don't need them.

Are the loops you are using provisioned?
Is the loop you are not using deprovisioned?

Prime line should be intercom and don't forget the destination code when dialing outbound.

Do the DID's for these loops come in on the PRI?

If calls are still failing to complete, I suggest using the BCM Monitor tools UID analyzer to see what type of messages you can see on the PRI during the failure.

HTH!

SD

Thanks for the suggestions guys. The first 3 loops are Provisioned, the DID's do come in on the PRI. Everything else seems to be pretty straight forward.

A Nortel Rep mentioned that Lines 181-186 should show up under Enabled Physical Lines, which mine do not. All i see are the lines for my T1 and PRI connections.

I have also verified the clocking on my PRI, which is set to Master. Everything else works on the system, long distance, local, internal, just this darn BRI modulde stuff.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Why should the lines show up?
Your using the BRI's as loops, not trunks.

I second MrMarshalls response.
You definitely want to change the PRI clocking to Primary.

When you make a call from the Video Conf. terminal, have you watched it via BCM Monitor?
Could get some clues there.

If you can ... run the Monitor and post the trace.

SD

How have you cable the Video Conf System?
The Cable for ISDN Station must turned Pin 3 <-> 4 and 5 <-> 6.
Straight Cable not working.

It has been a while, but I believe the SPIDs should be padded with zeros to 12 digits, not 10 as you have set up. Try adding 2 more zeros to the beginning of the SPID and try again. Also, I seem to remember needing to set the "OLI as Called Number" field set to yes for each DN under line access properties in order to have a video call complete. I don't remember why, but at least I remember what.....

Hope this helps
Rob

Did you get this working?
What was your setup?
Did you get incomming calls to answer and combine the channels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back