Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Video Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocki

Technical User
Aug 27, 2002
US
Hi all:
I have two desktops and I think their video cards went bad. I tried switching monitors (with known working ones) and still came up with the same problem. Question is: Are video cards specific to the board or can I try and swap out from a couple of different stations not being used?
Thanks.

The chances that two separate cards failed at the same time is small to say the least. More likely it is a software driver issue or some other problem. You can move the cards to another machine unless the Video system is built onto the motherboard "Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people."

--Admiral Hyman G. Rickover

How are your machines hooked up/configured?
Could you provide a bit more details? ~Apex1x
Sattinger's Law:
It works better if you plug it in.

I just went ahead and swapped cards out. I have 4 labs with 12+ computers, some older so I suspect that one went out before my time and I was just informed about it.
Thanks for your help.
R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back