Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Video Card Problem 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

yelgnits

Technical User
Jun 30, 2004
US
Alright, I'm running a Compaq Presario 2100 on Windows XP, and in my device manager, under other devices, I have Video Controller (VGA compatible), and it says the drivers are not installed....I know that my graphics card is an ATI Radeon IGP 340M, though...when I try to run any games with even semi-advanced graphics, the computer just spits back a message about not detecting a graphics card...help!?!?! Is there anything I can do / maybe an updated driver for the ATI Radeon IGP 340M executable? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you so much! :) ~Cody

You shouldve gotten a cd with software on it, just use that and install the software.
that should stop it.
If it doesnt contact me at gotee2000@lycos.com

iguessifihaveto
Please read this sites policy for best user practice. Recommending a member to contact you personally goes against TT guidelines and correct site use.
Martin

We like members to GIVE and not just TAKE.
Participate and help others.

paparazi:

I have encountered this problem of personal contact. Is there an "approved" way to contact a person by e-mail? Sometimes I'll have an "out of print" file or information that is too large to post to the forum. I understand the possible "commercial" problems, but sometimes it (personal) is the only way to help.

micker377
Whilst I agree with your argument, information and resolutions carried outside the post are of no help to TT members as a whole.
The point of the post is not only to help the poster but to pass on knowledge that helped fix the problem, there is nothing more frustrating than to follow an interesting post only to discover the fix taken off the forum.
We should all encourage original postees where possible, to finnish the tread with the eventual fix as a close to that thread, so we can all share in that knowledge.
Martin

BUT..... I had this come up recently where a user was struggling with setup of her computer for audio/music work. She was in USA, I'm in UK. In the end we completely re-routed her mixer (by her sending photos of where plugs were and me correcting it, then photos to confirm) and software setup we did by remote desktop thru messenger.

It wasn't really a solution that could be done on the forum and was perfectly justified. When i posted my email i got the response about it attracting spam, etc but there really should be provision made for those rare times.

norty303
I do agree with what you are saying, there has to be some flexibility in the system of course but I would like to think that after the off forum fix, the resolution and conclusion were posted on the forum otherwise only the lady user benefitted.
Martin

Well in this circumstance it was application specific and was mainly due to inexperience. Were this a music forum I'd have done so but seeing as I was the only person who originally replied and the problems were a bit different from the norm I decided it probably wasn't appropriate to get into the depths of mixing desks and cable routing here! :)

I agree that the main purpose of the Tek-Tips forums is to help as many as possible, but try to explain this to the person who has fought a problem for many days. I have the solution, but can't give it!

Speaking of which - what was this fix action for this thread? What was the eventual fix, if any?

All great accomplishments were once considered impossible.

The fix was the correct site for the graphics driver.
But as you point out, too many posters never come back and end the post with a "yes it worked" or "this was the fix"
I am presuming yelgnits fixed his problem by installed the afformentioned drivers and the stars kinda indicate he resolved his problem but a "yes! that fixed my problem" possibly would have been clearer.
Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back