Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Video card problem??

Status
Not open for further replies.

allyballyboo

Instructor
Apr 16, 2002
GB
I have a pentium 3 PC at home and am at wits end, although that's not that far really...
Am having real problems with booting it, intermittently.
Have replace MB replaced / upgraded RAM, while I was in new sound card (OK but I had been meaning to for ever, upgraded modem.(same reason)

Now I still get intermiitent fault, It won't boot, no screen pix at all, no Bios check, nothing. I can take the back off, fiddle, test component seatings and sometimes it goes, othertimes not. I have changed monitors same problem
is it video card? is it wiorth pursuing? Better to bin it and get new? Advice please.

Allyballyboo

Hi,
I have come sccross this problem before and it turned out to be the power supply on each occasion (One of them was a new system in a new case.)
Its worth a try before you start replacing expensive components.

I Hope this helps - If Not - Sorry
Regards from Mike

Thanks Mike

I'll try this this weekend, keep me busy for a while!

Cheers Ally

A problem I've had to deal with before. The machine ran perfectly on the desk but was unreliable in the case. I'm not sure exactly why, but I can only assume earthing issue of some sort. A new box and a happy customer.

Gav
A problem with your PC??? Never...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back