Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Video Card just wont work!!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broha

Technical User
Nov 5, 2004
CA
hi,

Ok so here is the problem, I just got a compaq en p733. I am trying to install my 3d prophet 2 mx pci card but it just wont work! I've installed the drivers for the onboard which i believe is the tnt2 i've disabled it i've tried not installing it. but everytime i try booting up using the 3d prophet it inevitably crashes and freezes leaving a few pixels up at the top left corner. Starting any game it crashes or doing anything else after a while there is no getting around it. It won't even let me view display properties it crashes as soon as i click on settings. I'm running windows 98se. i have the chipset and bios updated if anyone could help i would greeeaaatly appreciate it.
Thanks so much
j.W.

Is the video card fully seated?

Did you try the video card in another slot(not the one next to the AGP slot assuming your system has one)?

Does the system work in Safe mode with the video card installed?

Does the video card work on another system?

How did you disable the onboard video adapter(BIOS, jumper, or Device Manager)?

I haven't used 98 in a good while, but uninstall your video card driver. Go into your display properties and change your video type to a standard type. Restart your machine and re-install driver.

If you change to 2000. You may have to start your machine in VGA mode and then install the driver.

How old is this computer? Have you tried an older card? Your system may not be compatible with this "newer" vid card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back