Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Video Card HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fiestanachos

Technical User
Jun 7, 2003
US
I just bought GTA: Vice City and a new video card. My old video card is built in my motherboard. Anybody know how i could remove my old video card so my new one would work. Thanks

it depends,in the bios, there may be an option to disable onboard video. that is usually if the video is onboard and the system has an open agp slot. if it only has pci slots chances are you may be out of luck. what kind of computer is it.

"Did you ever wish a circle was a square, so when land sharks start circling the boarders you can just cut them off at the corners?" - Aesop Rock

I guess you must have researched your motherboard to buy the correct graphics card, PCI or AGP?
The graphics card will either automaticly disable onboard VGA when fitted, or you will have to manually disable onboard VGA in the bios.
Don't forget to set to boot from AGP first (if thats what you have) in the bios.
Obviously plug your monitor into the new card (it wouldn't be the first time I have had a customer swear that there monitor or graphics is dead because they have plugged the lead into the wrong graphics outlet)
Martin

Replying helps further our knowledge, without comment leaves us wondering.

It is a computer from my local computer store with Windows XP. It has an Athlon processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back