Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Video capture problems w MatroxRT2500/Premier

Status
Not open for further replies.

credo

Programmer
Jul 26, 2001
GB
Hello,
I'm having a problem with capturing video in Premier 6.0 using RT2500 capture card. AMD Athlon processor.Windows XP.Soncy DCR-PC100.Latest video tools version 3.1b installed.
When capturing video, the video ** does** apear in the movie capture window (and audio), but the video is unrecognisable as there are jagged horizontal lines across the whole of the video.
Also at the bottom of the movie capture window is a thick burgundy line.

I captured video successfully previously before on the same set up and am unsure what has changed. I've tried capturing using different set ups and different video tapes (to ensure it wasn't the tape) but no luck, results are the same.

I will be able to post a screen capture if it helps.

Any help appreciated.

Martin

Credo,

This may not be helpful, but it is worth a try:

Navigate through the following steps if you have Microsoft XP:

START
SETTINGS
CONTROL PANEL
DISPLAY icon
SETTINGS tab
ADVANCED button
TROUBLESHOOT tab
Reduce the hardware acceleration feature to NONE

After applying the new settings, re-boot the computer. It may now be possible to recognize your video. If it doesn't work, you can always reset it to where it was before. I'd like to know if this was effective.

Thanks,
Eric

Have you contacted Matrox about this yet?

Some other questions... what are your capture settings in Premiere? Is your Capture Format set to "Matrox Capture", have you selected DV-1394 as your Video Input, etc...? Check over your settings.

Have your display settings changed? Is "Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor" selected for your RT2500 monitor and all that crap?

Did this occur after installing Matrox Tools 3.1b?

Have you tried reinstalling the software?

Have you plugged your camera directly into your television (or watched your LCD screen) to see if the actual camera is outputting the flawed video?

I'm running an RT2500 with a Pentium4 system under WinXP -- which should be the worst case scenario -- but it's worked perfectly without a hitch.

Be sure to check Matrox's system recommendations to see if your hardware is included in the list.

Good luck. Tell me how your hunting goes. -Trevor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back