Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Video capture problems and nVidia WDM 1.08 driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedoya

Technical User
Jan 17, 2003
US
I'm having problems with video capture on my Medion MD1110 computer that runs XP Home (equipped with nVidia GeForce4 Ti4200 graphics card). I am trying to capture my analog cam-corder home videos. I get the horizontal "white bar" problem (middle 60% of the captured video is obliterated with a solid white bar). Earlier posts in this forum stated the problem is with an overzealous copy protection scheme, and the recommended solution was to go back level to the v1.08 driver (I had 1.16 originally). I got and installed a 1.08 driver and I still get the white bar !?!?! The XP Device Manager reports that I am indeed using nVidia WDM Video Capture (universal) Driver Version 1.0.8.0. Am I missing something?

thread749-427303 problems but same hardware. a few solutions, none i tried, i moved on from the ti to an ati card. one of these days ill get around to solving it myself.

Best bet I can say is try again to remove all wdm drivers & reinstall 1.08 a couple of times.

If you're serious about wanting to archive movies, the GeForce vivo cards will never give you spectacular mpeg quality no matter what WDM drivers you have. The best thing to do with a GeForce is to have loads of harddrive space and save as an uncompressed .avi file. Else, I would suggest looking into a video input card that has hardware mpeg compression (the GeForce cards have software mpeg compression).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back