Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VIC-2FXS not recognised by 2811 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosseye

IS-IT--Management
Jan 11, 2005
GB
Hi Everyone,
Just put a VIC-2FXS into my 2811 to support and analogue phone, and it's not shown under sh ver.

sh diag yields:

WIC Slot 3:
FXS Voice daughter card (2 port)
WIC module not supported/disabled in this slot
Hardware revision 1.1 Board revision A0

Can anyone hint how I might enable it, or whether it's even supported (as I was pretty sure it was).

TIA/bosseye

Hi Minue - thanks - that has to be one of the fastest responses on record! Looks like I need to go buy a VIC2-2FXO. Shame - as I wanted to test a snazzy Siemens Gigaset SL565 with SMS using Call Manager Express after a few beers this evening...
br/bosseye

Hello
All so make sure you have NM-HD-1V, NM-HD-2V, NM-HD-2VE these modules installed before buying your VIC2-2FXS,or else you are back to start.
Regards
Ps.Don't drink too many beers :)

Now that's interesting...

I don't have any of the above in my 2811, but I so have a VIC2-2FXO working quite successfully in a WIC slot. Are you sure I need the NM?

(It was only after you previous reply that I noticed my working FXO card was a VIC2... oops).

Hello
That's curious from the table,it says the NM is required.Will try to do a deeper research.In any case if that's the way it is,better for you less investment.
Regards

Hi,
My Vic2-2fxo arrived this morning, and worked within seconds with the most basic of configs - most interestingly without any of the NM cards you mentioned. I think your reference may be in relation to 2600s as opposed to 2800s, but that's just a guess. In any case, I'm now scouring for the best config to make an analogue phone as much integrated into a CME4 setup as possible...

Again, thanks for ouy assistance.
br/bosseye

I'm not a big fan of the HWIC 2811's we had a second 9 port HWIC put in and discovered that in order for it to work we had to patch a cable from the first HWIC into the same router to the second HWIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back