Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VIA mobo & USB 2.0 drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

dakota81

Technical User
May 15, 2001
US
I got one of via's m-itx board & processors this week, and all is well so far... except for the usb 2.0 drivers.

The drivers provided by via claim that due to some liscensing agreements with M$, via cannot provide the xp usb drivers, that I have to get them off of Windows Update.

The drivers that are provided through M$ Winows Update is missing a file that it needs to install; a file which is provided by the via download, but the two driver versions are incompatible and the installation still fails.

And the third part of XP that is really annoying me is every time XP boots it notices there's a hardware device that doesn't have drivers installed for it and wants to start up the hardware installation wizard every time.

Not having the drivers is not bad at the moment because there are no usb devices connected to the computer, but it's still something I need to get resolved.

Any suggestions?

How bout your mainboard manufaturer's web site? My MSI mainboard has USB 2.0 and I have WindowxXP Home and the Hyperion chipset drivers provided by MSI give me no errors.

via is the company that makes this board, it's one of their boards with an embedded c3 processor. And the driver cd that came with the mobo when you click on the option to install the usb 2.0 drivers, the software simply opens a link to windows update in IE.

That sucks! Have you tried to just remove the questionable UBS Controller from the Device Manager? If you disable it you probably won't get the error message. I wish I had a better solution, though sorry!

Thanks for keeping an eye open - however this driver version is just like the previous. I was reading the text files, and via's driver download contains drivers for Win9x & WinME, but only like a "filter driver" or something for Win2000 & XP.

I've filled out via's tech support form, but who knows if they actually respond...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back