Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

vgdisplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

turbochargers

Technical User
Jun 3, 2010
AP
Hi,

Does anyone know the equivalent command for vgdisplay, pvdisplay, lvdisplay on a solaris 8 server?
I am wanting to extend a filesystem on the server but cannot determine if fs is possible for extension.

Thanks all.

You can use growfs to increase the size of ufs filesystems under the control of the Solaris Volume Manager.

The internet - allowing those who don't know what they're talking about to have their say.

you can not grow /var or / even with growfs. all other filesystems growfs is a viable solution as KenCunningham stated. I've used it many times in the past.

I've used growfs to grow / previously, but I was wet behind the ears at the time. It worked, but I wouldn't recommend it!

The internet - allowing those who don't know what they're talking about to have their say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back