Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

vga video driver on compaq 5441

Status
Not open for further replies.

royt622

Technical User
Jan 11, 2002
US
I recently installed an Nvidia GeForce 2 mx200 in my Compaq 5441. The new driver works fine with a good frame rate.
my problem is when i boot the system, it says it has found new hardware and is searching for the best driver. THen it says a driver has been found for my vga video card. If i click next it will install the driver and it slows down my Nvidia card, but if i click Cancel, everything works fine.
Evidently I haven't removed something to keep it from looking for a driver for the vga video.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Terry Robinson

Either your desktop has an integrated video adapter or you did not remove the original.

You may want to check in the BIOS setup (press F10 during POST) and see if there is an option to disable the internal.

If not, once in Windows goto Device Manager and disable the VGA controller so that the Nvidia is the only one loading.
Doug
dxd_2000@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back