Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

vga over ethernet

Status
Not open for further replies.

royhobbs1

Technical User
May 15, 2007
US
Hi, don't know if this is the correct place for this question...

So I am setting up a classroom with 25 monitors and have seen that using cat5e is no problem. Well I have been having problems. It's one monitor splitting the image to the other 25 monitors.

I am using solid utp cat5e cable.

I ran all the cat5e to a patch panel punch down 568B. At the other end I have it terminated to keystone jacks. I am using an RJ45 to vga (HD15) adapter to connect everything.

From the patch panel I have 2 foot patch cables with the RJ45 to vga adapter plugging into a 16 port VGA 300Mhz splitter

I am using flat panel monitors with a native resolution of 1360x768 and have tried moving it down to 1024x768 and it's a little better but the main issue is a lot of ghosting.

has anyone tried this or know where I can find out more info about this?

Thanks

Per the KB for that splitter, it shifts phase slightly. Try using the front panel buttons on one of the displays to auto-tune it.

To remove the CAT5 from the equation, try connecting one of your displays directly to the splitter via a standard VGA cable.

Jeff
[small][purple]It's never too early to begin preparing for [/purple]International Talk Like a Pirate Day
"The software I buy sucks, The software I write sucks. It's time to give up and have a beer..." - Me[/small]

Thanks for the reply, I did try the auto-tune on the monitors...no joy.

try a monitor with a length of STP Cat5 instead of UTP ....let me know outcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back