Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VG224

Status
Not open for further replies.

don1159

Programmer
Apr 30, 2009
US
Hello.. I'm fairly new with Cisco . My company has Cisco Call Manager. I'm trying to create some analog phones off our VG224. I've done this before about 5 month ago but can't seem to remember how. I created one and compared it to a working line. Everything looks the same but it is not registering. I'm not sure what I missed. Thanks

After you create a new port on the vg224, system asks you to apply the configuration. Do you do that and if so do you wait long enough for registration? There really isn't much in adding a port once the gateway is already registered and active.

Hey Thanks Whykap... Yes i did apply the configuration but still show unknown. I do have 3 existing analog lines already on it and they are registered. Maybe I should try resetting VG224.

is the gateway registered as MGCP or SCCP? If MGCP, make sure
ccm-manager config server xx.xx.xx.xx (ip address of cucm publisher)
is in the config of the VG.
SCCP also requires configuration on each port in the VG itself.

Reset the whole VG224 in CUCM as well not just the port and see if it makes a difference after you check the above suggestions.

I have had a similar issue. Some ports on a VG just go to "unknown". I am configured as SCCP. I tried resetting port and entire gateway with no success. Only thing that worked is power cycling the VG which I don't think is an acceptable fix. Not sure why the ports go "unknown" in the first place when they were once working.

We are also configured as SCCP. Might have to do the power cycling. Another question ,can I configure a CTI port in CM with a number that fowards offsite. We are currently migrating to CISCO. We have a Siemens tied into the CISCO. The Siemens has what they call call a phantom number you can setup that only resides in software and not on a actual device that can be fowarded off site. Not sure how to do in CM. Thanks for the replys.

yes you can, but you would use a CTI route point not a route port.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back